Sunday, January 6, 2008

Beer at Mohegan Sun

On Friday night my fiancee, brother, and I went to the Kid Rock concert at the Mohegan Sun arena. The show was awesome and we weren't there for 1/2 an hour and some guy stopped us and gave us third row seats. Our original seats were halfway up in the top section. My complaint, though, is about the beer. They used to serve beer in the plastic bottles and way back when you could even get 2 at a time per person. Now they pour your beer into plastic cups! As if the plastic bottles weren't safe enough, now they are worried about people throwing them. Can I just tell you how difficult it is to climb up the steep stairs up to the top few rows with an open cup full of beer, brushing up against thousands of strangers, with a beer buzz, without spilling some! I think it is all a money making scheme so that you spill most of your beer and have to come back for another even sooner. I asked the server if she could please give me a lid and a straw so I didn't have spillage, but of course they don't have lids for the beer cups. How convenient for them. So I asked if she could put it in a soda cup with a lid. Of course not, they can only use beer cups. Therefore, a coffee cup with a lid was out of the question also. All I wanted was a spill proof container for my beer. Impossible. Mohegan must have made about $80 on my fiancee and I, half for beer we drank, and half for beer we spilled. Ridiculous!

No comments: