Thursday, January 17, 2008

World Wide Web Tax

I have a tax preparation business and a few months ago I started shopping around for tax preparation software. I thought I found the best deal with a company called World Wide Web Tax. I had never heard of them but the price sounded great so I purchased their product. I had made several phone calls to them to ask different questions before doing so. They charged my credit card on November 17th and a few days later they sent me an email with directions to download my software. Like an idiot, I didn't read the entire jargon and seemingly endless software license agreement, and all that mumbo jumbo that comes with it. I figured they must have told me all the important stuff before they sold me the product. NOT SO! Last week I received a phone call from a rep at Intuit. I had been in contact with him when I was shopping around. I told him which software I decided to buy and he informed me about some fees that they weren't making their customers aware of before buying. I called WWWebtax to confront them and they admitted that they do charge another $9.90 per return e-filed. They claim they told me that on the phone before I bought it but I know they didn't. If I had known I was going to be spending another grand per 100 returns I wouldn't have bought from them! I asked them to play back the recorded conversation where I agreed to something like that and they couldn't produce it. Needless to say I am not using their software this season. I purchased the Intuit product and am now in the process of fighting for my money back from WWWebtax. I am giving them a chance to refund my money on their own before I involve Richard Blumenthal, my state's Attorney General, the Better Business Bureau, and the Department of Consumer Protection. I just want to make everyone aware of WWWebtax's deceptive practices!

1 comment:

Roberto Vega said...

Did you ever due the tax course with them?