Sunday, January 6, 2008

Waiting in Lines

The weekend after Christmas I went to the mall to use my Victoria's Secret gift card. They were having an awesome sale on panties and it was the busiest store in the mall. It took me all of 5 minutes to pick out 15 pairs of thongs but I had to wait in line to pay for them for 30 minutes! Why, if they know they are going to be busy, do they not have enough cashiers to help the customers? They only have 2 registers in the store so there were 2 girls working at them, but they must have had another 10 employees walking around the store with headsets looking busy and important! This seems like very poor planning to me. If I ran the store I would at least double the number of checkouts. If that wasn't possible, I would have a couple of the busybodies helping to wrap and bag the items purchased. As if the girls there didn't take enough time scanning the merchandise and delicately placing it in nice piles, they also wrap each item in pretty pink paper before placing it slowly in the bag. I almost told the girl not to do anything fancy with my panties, just throw them in a bag, but I had already been there for 1/2 an hour, what was another 2 minutes? I won't be going back to Victoria's Secret anytime soon. And I certainly won't spend my own money there, only if I happen to get another gift card, then maybe I'll put myself through that waste of time again.

No comments: